Students must be able identify two-dimensional figures based on attributes of having or not having parallel lines, perpendicular lines, or angles with certain measurements.
Use the following diagrams to answer the questions below.1. Which shapes have all sides congruent?
2. Which shapes have all angles congruent?
3. Which shapes have at least one pair of parallel sides?
4. Which shapes have no parallel sides?
5. Which shapes have perpendicular sides?
6. Which shapes have right angles?
7. Which shapes have acute angles?
8. Which shapes have obtuse angles?
Click on the following links for interactive games.
Click on the following links for more information.
4.6 Geometry and measurement. The student applies mathematical process standards to analyze geometric attributes in order to develop generalizations about their properties. The student is expected to:(D) classify two-dimensional figures based on the presence or absence of parallel or perpendicular lines or the presence or absence of angles of a specified size